In 2013, the CENTURY 21® franchise system raised approximately $2.4 million in 2013 for Easter Seals. This donation is approximately 10 percent higher than in the previous year, and brings the total contributions to Easter Seals by CENTURY 21 franchisees and agents since 1979 to over $108 million. 2014 also marks the 35-year anniversary of the partnership between CENTURY 21 and Easter Seals.
“CENTURY 21 brokers and agents have a long and thoughtful tradition of giving back to the communities in which they live and work,” said Rick Davidson, president and chief executive officer of Century 21 Real Estate LLC and 2013-2014 Chairman, International Board of Directors at Easter Seals. “The relationship we have with Easter Seals is special. It is an honor to support an organization whose sole purpose is to provide exceptional services, education, outreach, and advocacy so people living with autism and other disabilities can live, learn, work and play in their communities.”
“CENTURY 21 has touched the lives of countless families, providing new opportunities for children and adults with disabilities,” said James E. Williams, Jr., president and chief executive officer, Easter Seals. “CENTURY 21 brokers and agents are true Easter Seals Champions. Their continued commitment allows Easter Seals to effectively serve the families we work with every day.”
In 2013, the top three Easter Seals fundraisers from the CENTURY 21 System were: CENTURY 21 Town & Country of Utica, Mich.; CENTURY 21 Judge Fite Company in Dallas, Texas, and CENTURY 21 Sweyer & Associates, in Wilmington, N.C. This is the 17th straight year that CENTURY 21 Town & Country has held the top spot for fundraising efforts for the benefit of Easter Seals. This year, eight of the Top 21 leading CENTURY 21 fundraisers are Canadian firms, led by CENTURY 21 Dome Realty Inc., in Regina, Saskatchewan.
The “Top 21” North American Fundraisers for Easter Seals in 2013 are:
1. CENTURY 21 Town & Country, Utica MI
2. CENTURY 21 Judge Fite Company, Dallas, TX
3. CENTURY 21 Sweyer & Associates, Wilmington, NC
4. CENTURY 21 Alliance, Philadelphia, PA
5. CENTURY 21 Dome Realty Inc., Regina, SK
6. CENTURY 21 B.J. Roth Realty Ltd., Barrie, ON
7. CENTURY 21 Award, San Diego, CA
8. CENTURY 21 Assurance Realty Ltd., Kelowna, BC
9. CENTURY 21 Scheetz, Carmel, IN
10. CENTURY 21 Fusion, Saskatoon, SK
11. CENTURY 21 Frontier Realty, McMurray, PA
12. CENTURY 21 Leading Edge Realty Inc., Markham, ON
13. CENTURY 21 Seller's Choice Inc., St. John's, NL
14. CENTURY 21 Hilltop, Simi Valley, CA
15. CENTURY 21 North Homes Realty, Inc., Everett, WA
16. CENTURY 21 C. Watson, Fresno, CA
17. CENTURY 21 Kreuser & Seiler, Ltd., Libertyville, IL
18. CENTURY 21 Alliance, Santa Rosa, CA
19. CENTURY 21 Bachman & Associates, Winnipeg, MB
20. CENTURY 21 Heritage House Ltd., Woodstock, ON
21. CENTURY 21 My Real Estate Company, Downey, CA
Contributing to the 2012 totals, Rick Davidson’s “Climb for Kids” raised more than $57,000 for the Easter Seals “Make the First Five Count” initiative. To raise these funds, Davidson led a seven-member team in November to the summit of two Mexican volcanoes, ascending more than 35,000 feet of elevation. Those who made the trek with Rick in November included: Scott Becker of CENTURY 21 New Millennium, Greg Harrelson of CENTURY 21 Harrelson Group, Brendon Payne of CENTURY 21 Harrelson Group, Jeff Simon of CENTURY 21 Affiliated, and Angela Leib of CENTURY 21 Real Estate LLC. John R Kersten of CENTURY 21 Town & Country located in Utica (MI) was is the number 1 Easter Seals fundraiser raising over $874,000 dollars in 2012.
The CENTURY 21 System will illustrate its commitment to Easter Seals and this important issue at its Global Conference held in Las Vegas. Last year, Easter Seals 2012 National Adult Representative, Ben Trockman, joined CENTURY 21 President Rick Davidson to talk about how Easter Seals' physical therapy and assistive technology continues to change Ben’s life every day. To learn more, watch Ben’s Video.
CENTURY 21 Agents and Brokers know that families have a choice when seeking real estate professionals and our support of Easter Seals is one way of saying, "Thanks" to our clients and their neighbors and friends.