"If your only requirement it's a cheaper " Christian" education, then this is the school for you. However, if it's actually a quality education you seek for your child, I strongly suggest you go elsewhere! Though the teacher. my child had was ok, she lacked the resources and support from administration to truly make a difference. And I also agree with the previous post that everything is so disorganized! To see real improvement, a change is definitely needed staying. at the top!"
"As a parent during the 2010-2012 school term, I strongly disagree with the negative statements that are made. My daughter attends TCA and I am very pleased with the work they have done with her. I could not imagine sending her anywhere else. The biggest problem this school has is a lack of proper funding. The tuition is also too low. I would suggest raising the tuition so that you can afford the needed programs. You will find that this will give you a better quality of parents and eliminate the ones who are obviously looking for "something for nothing"."
"It is always amazing to see how people have huge expectations, that are expected to be satisfied with very little revenue. Tabernacle Christian Academy has always, and will continue to be, an institution with high integrity. The cost for attendance is lower than most, but it is calculated based on the clientele that we serve, and if the tuition costs was raised to cover the ever-growing needs of a very old building we would finds ourselves with no students. Because we try too keep our costs low, we have attempted to meet the growing needs of the school through various fundraising efforts. The heating project, that was so eloquently mentioned, carries a price tag in excess of $100,000. No fundraiser has ever generated that kind of revenue. Currently about 15% of our parent population pays on time, leaving us with the burden of collecting on the other 85% throughout the month. The library (which I think is wonderful) was donated by the Scholarship Foundation, and every DIME donated went towards the room, same was the case for the heat. I could go on, but why? Apparently the parents that wrote the review are able to complete $100,000 projects with pennies. Forgive us."
"For at least 3 consecutive years, this school has not had heat for all the classrooms. Even though much fundraising was done, and monies collected, and promises that it would be/was fixed it still isn't. There was also supposed to be improvements made to the library. Although they received thousands of dollars for this project, it looks like they just slapped some paint up and brought in some old books! I could go on, and on. I am very disappointed at the leadership of this school."
"I wish there was at least one area that I could say was up to par, but I can't. I have never seen a more disorganized school. They look good, somewhat, on paper but don't be fooled. Do your research before even thinking about sending them here. Before transferring them, I have had to tutor my children just to get them where they should be. The staff is incompetent top to bottom. I am so disappointed. What happened to Tabernacle? Years ago this was a good school, but it has gone completely downhill."