From today's featured article
"Spinning Around" is the lead single from Light Years (2000), Kylie Minogue's seventh studio album. The disco-influenced dance-pop song addresses the theme of reinvention, with Minogue (pictured performing the song) claiming that she has changed as a person and learned from the past. Released in June 2000, it received favourable reviews from music critics, who regarded it as one of the album's highlights and praised Minogue for returning to her signature musical style. The song was a commercial success and became Minogue's "comeback" single following the critical and commercial disappointment of her sixth studio album Impossible Princess (1997). It entered the Australian Singles Chart at number one, becoming the singer's first chart-topper since "Confide in Me" (1994). The song also debuted at number one in the United Kingdom, and was her first UK number-one single since 1990. The accompanying music video features Minogue dancing and enjoying herself in a disco. It became popular for the gold hotpants she sported in most of the scenes and led to a media "fetish" regarding her bottom. "Spinning Around" has been performed by Minogue during most of her concert tours. (Full article...)
Recently featured: Horrible Histories (2009 TV series) Bharattherium Franklin Peale
Did you know...
| || || |
In the news
On this day...
Other areas of Wikipedia
- Community portal Bulletin board, projects, resources and activities covering a wide range of Wikipedia areas.
- Help desk Ask questions about using Wikipedia.
- Local embassy For Wikipedia-related communication in languages other than English.
- Reference desk Serving as virtual librarians, Wikipedia volunteers tackle your questions on a wide range of subjects.
- Site news Announcements, updates, articles and press releases on Wikipedia and the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Village pump For discussions about Wikipedia itself, including areas for technical issues and policies.
Wikipedia's sister projects
Wikipedia is hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation, a non-profit organization that also hosts a range of other projects:
This Wikipedia is written in English. Started in 2001 , it currently contains 4,494,170 articles. Many other Wikipedias are available; some of the largest are listed below.
- More than 1,000,000 articles:
- More than 400,000 articles:
- More than 200,000 articles:
- More than 50,000 articles: