Freestone is a small, unincorporated community in Sonoma County, California, USA located at the intersection of Bohemian Highway and Bodega Highway. It's west of Sebastopol along Salmon Creek on the U.S. Geological Survey 7.5-minute quadrangle, Valley Ford, California.
The ZIP code for Freestone is 95472, which it shares with Sebastopol and two other communities.
Freestone is located on part of Rancho Ca ada de Jonive. The town's name dates back to 1853 and refers to a public sandstone quarry. Starting in 1873, Freestone was a stop on the North Pacific Coast Railroad which eventually connected Cazadero to the Sausalito ferry.
It is a small town of only about 50 people. The town is only about 1/2 mile from one end to the other.
Open from 1856 to 1967, Watson School once served as Freestone's school, and is located in a Sonoma County Regional Parks Department historic park about 2.5 miles southwest of Freestone.