Today's featured picture
| || |
The sunken USS Arizona, seen shortly after the attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. On 7 December 1941, Japanese aircraft struck the US' Pacific Fleet as it lay in port. Arizona was struck several times before a bomb blew up the forward ammunition magazines, causing a cataclysmic explosion. The ship's destruction killed 1,177 of the 1,512 crewmen on board at the time, representing almost half of the American fatalities in the attack. Photo: Unknown; Restoration: Mmxx
Other areas of Wikipedia
- Community portal Bulletin board, projects, resources and activities covering a wide range of Wikipedia areas.
- Help desk Ask questions about using Wikipedia.
- Local embassy For Wikipedia-related communication in languages other than English.
- Reference desk Serving as virtual librarians, Wikipedia volunteers tackle your questions on a wide range of subjects.
- Site news Announcements, updates, articles and press releases on Wikipedia and the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Village pump For discussions about Wikipedia itself, including areas for technical issues and policies.
Wikipedia's sister projects
Wikipedia is hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation, a non-profit organization that also hosts a range of other projects:
This Wikipedia is written in English. Started in 2001 , it currently contains 4,395,696 articles. Many other Wikipedias are available; some of the largest are listed below.
- More than 1,000,000 articles:
- More than 400,000 articles:
- More than 200,000 articles:
- More than 50,000 articles: