Single Family Detached
In the late 1800's the majestic Walnut Street Bridge was constructed connecting downtown Chattanooga to the North Shore. Chattanooga's trolley line which had miles of track downtown was extended across the Tennessee River and ended in an area called Riverview. This exclusive neighborhood began to grow and develop and in 1930 was annexed by the city of Chattanooga. Some of the families who built homes in this area founded or were affiliated with the most prominent businesses in Chattanooga e.g. Coca-Cola, Chattanooga Medicine Co, American National Bank to name a few. Over the years, Riverview developed around its anchors, the Chattanooga Golf & Country Club est.1896, the Tennessee River and Lyndhurst - a 34,000 sq ft mansion built in 1910 by John T. Lupton. The stately homes of those fortunate enough to settle the area were designed by notable architects. One such architect, Louis H. Bull, was the architect for the elegant, Georgian style home located at 1651 Hillcrest Road. This home is perfectly situated on .86 acres and has spectacular views of fairways #1 and #2 of the Donald Ross golf course below, as well as, the Tennessee River and Missionary Ridge. This solid, well-built home exudes elegance coupled with strength. To duplicate a home of this quality would cost several million dollars plus the cost of the lot. Today, Riverview has the highest concentration of the most valuable residential real estate in the city.
Indiana cut limestone: water table, window & door sills, steps and massive arches.
Masonry - the brickwork is laid in a Flemish Bond pattern with quoined corners. Large jack arches top the windows -the front portico has a herringbone brick floor surrounded by Indiana limestone - the large porch floor is covered in beautiful terra cotta octagonal tile.
Georgian architectural features
- small rounded windows, round top feature windows, large triple double hung windows - a massive round top window over the front porticos
- Large exterior doors are flanked by delicate leaded glass
- The porticos are done with a well appointed gable and one with beautiful wrought iron railings on top
- There are ornate wrought iron railings on the porches and stairs.
- The chimneys are topped with a limestone pediment which adds definition
- Copper flashing and gutters
- Clay tile roof.
- Beautiful arched doorways and french doors
- Large transomed french exterior doors to the porch
- Massive pocket doors
- Thick interior walls in the grand entrance hall
- Intricate balusters and railings top the elegant staircase
- Large round top window pours light into the staircase and entrance
- Den has beautiful pine millwork, beautiful patina.
† Based on a 30-year fixed rate of 3.38% with 20% down. The estimated payment is offered for convenience and is not an offer of credit. Due to market fluctuations, interest rates are subject to change at any time and without notice. Interest rates are also subject to credit and property approval based on secondary market guidelines. The rates shown are based on average rates for our best qualified customers. Your individual rate may vary. Rates may differ for FHA, VA or jumbo loans.
Single Family Detached
located at 1651 Hillcrest Rd, Chattanooga, TN
is currently for sale.
1651 Hillcrest Rd, Chattanooga is listed
This property has 5 bedrooms, 5 full bathrooms, 3 half bathrooms, and approximately 6,096 square feet.
If the property located at 1651 Hillcrest Rd, Chattanooga, TN isn't what you're looking for,
Tennessee real estate
to see other
houses for sale in Chattanooga.